Non-Profit Resource Center
As you drum up votes for the Community Matters More Campaign, we thought it might be helpful to provide some ideas and materials for you to use.
Every vote counts! The following are some of the ways to consider getting the word out about your organization. Be creative, be enthusiastic, but above all have fun doing it.
- If you have a website, link directly to www.bangor.com/cmm so supporters can cast votes online.
- Use Facebook, Twitter, or other social networking sites to connect with those that support your organization and be sure to use #CMM2018
- Send an email blast including a link to the ballot; encourage recipients to vote and forward it on.
- Have a contest to see who can get the most votes for your organization.
- Write an article for your website/newsletter/email and tell the story of what a grant would do for your organization.
- Make a few calls to your supporters, and tell them how to vote online or offer to send them a ballot.
To save any of these materials, right-click the link and choose 'Save Target As'.
Not on the ballot? Not to worry. Several past winners have been write-ins. Please be sure to review our eligibility guidelines before gathering support:
- Registered as a 501(c)(3)
- Organization’s program(s) is open to all —nonsectarian
- Operating offices in Maine or New Hampshire
- The Bangor Savings Bank Foundation reserves the right to verify and/or reject ballots and nonprofit eligibility
- Public and/or private schools are not eligible